To protect the health and safety of our community in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, the following changes are in effect.
- Lake Meyer Campground and Kendallville Campgrounds are open for camping with additional restrictions in place. Campground restrooms and showerhouses are closed. Water and the dump station are available.
Parks and Trails
- Parks, trails, and other outdoor areas are open from sunrise to sunset.
- Shelters and playgrounds are open, but are not sanitized. Use cautiously at your own risk.
- Lake Meyer is open for shore and boat fishing. Fishing docks are not installed. The restroom at the boat ramp is open and sanitized each morning.
- No swimming is allowed at Lake Meyer.
- No horses are allowed on Winneshiek County Conservation trails.
- All users should follow Governor Reynold's current recommendations regarding social distancing and group gatherings.
Events, Programs, and Activities
- We will not be holding any face-to-face public programs or events until further notice.
- The 2020 Driftless Safari is underway with modifications.
- We will continue to host "distance" programs and events as possible. They can be found here.
- General resources for getting outside and exploring Winneshiek County, particularly with children, are available here.
- The Winneshiek County Conservation office is closed to public visitors until further notice. Please call (563) 534-7145 to conduct business via phone or to schedule an appointment.
- All policies, procedures, and closures are subject to change as needed to ensure the well-being of our community.